Well we love Beirut! But it is definitely one city where traffic is a serious problem for residents and incomers alike.
Getting out at the wrong time, or getting caught in the wrong street during the daily rush hours; could mean spending double the time in traffic. Needless to say, this time triples during holidays and the summer season!
Below in this article, we gathered 7 tactics you can use to avoid traffic in Beirut:
- Schedule your meetings late on Mondays, so you can avoid the Monday morning rush!
- Plan for a few extra hours of work on a Friday, so you do not get caught in the 5 to 8 pm deadly traffic, leaving Beirut.
- Do your holidays (Christmas, Easter, New Year, Ramadan…) shopping early. The shopping traffic in B-City is not to be underestimated.
- Hit the beach early during summer, mid-day onwards in the classic time for driving towards beach and both the Southern & Northern highways become crowded.
- Learn all the alternative roads and small detours; especially around Hamra, Achrafieh and Downtown Beirut.
- Avoid being on the road during these specific times of the weekdays: 7 to 9 am; 1 to 2 pm and 5 to 7 pm!
- Relocate to a very strategic centrally located house or office; such as SAMA BEIRUT, which is 5 minutes from all the vital areas of Beirut!!
Contact Prime Consult, for more details on SAMA BEIRUT, as well as both residential and business units: 01 – 332 300 or 01 – 259 009
No traffic, no problem!!